In the heart of the Old Town of Geneva is the Old Arsenal, L’Ancien Arsenal, and a selection of ancient cannons, once used to defend the city against its neighbours. The building started life as a granary in the 17th century before serving as an arsenal until 1877 and it now houses the state archives. The walls behind the cannons contain three frescoes by Alexandre Cingria and depict key periods in Geneva’s history.
A small but impressive collection which we just stumbled upon as we wandered around. A nice surprise.